Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Put A Fork In It :)

This right here... marks my first official blog posting! Hope ya'll do not get too bored with me... I read a ton of wedding blogs and food blogs but have always felt my life is not interesting enough for people to read about (the fact that I'm a horrible writer doesn't motivate me either) lol. Anyways... it think doing this with my classmates and Chef will be much easier! :) I am enjoying the class so far... when the AC is working that is! I am really looking forward to getting into the more complex plating, I think the more sauces and color on the plate the better. My group made a chocolate molten cake today, but I personally thought it was rather boring looking (however tasted very well). Carol, Katelyn, and Rita did a white chocolate molten cake with strawberry and blueberry "salsa" it looked soooo pretty...(but was not so tasty) I guess we need to combine the two next time! That's enough talk for me, now onto the picture! I took a picture of every step while Chef plated... enjoy!




Spread the "salsa" in the mold about half way full







mint sauce and strawberry coolie go down



add a little "flare" with dragging the sauce with the knife



carefully flip your cake over



top with more "salsa"



sprinkle with a little mint{another pop of color :)}



the finished dessert... Sooo pretty right?




FINALLY... Put A Fork In It! the center of this molten cake was filled with white chocolate.

1 comment: