Friday, August 5, 2011

Sweet Victory

YAYYYYY! I am so excited that I pulled off this practical final! I was really nervous... but in the end, I pulled it off! I chose to plate the Plum Pound Cake and Chocolate Panna Cotta from my menu.

I had made the Panna Cotta in class before (that recipe is amazing) but... for the final I did not get mascarpone so I was praying that it would work with cream cheese, and it did! I think doing it in the dome molds was a neat idea, and added a little variety. If I could change anything about the dessert, I would of crushed the pretzels a little more and use less pectin in the blueberry sauce because it was really thick. And After dipping my own oranges in chocolate to learn how easy it really is, I will no long be buying edible arrangements... so easy!




Plum Pound cake... yum! Well... the idea sounded like yum... I did not care for the cake really, the texture was kind of weird but I did love the look of the bright plums in the cake. Roasting plums and using them as the base for my peach icecream was probably the best idea I’ve ever had! They were delish and added a little something extra to the plate. The peach icecream was the recipe we used in class as well, but I increased the peach flavor by adding more peach puree. I was really happy with this dessert and would make it again, just changing the cake recipe a little bit.




In the process of making my sugar nest garnish for my plum pound cake... I burned the mess out of my finger! Reason #276 why I hate kids camp.... they distract you while playing with 300degree sugar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment